Engine 66, staffed by federal firefighters, protected the old Arlington Hall Station of the U.S. Army until base closed in 1990.
The two-piece engine company, which consisted of a wagon and a pumper, covered Box 6672 - and rarely left the post. It was a quiet station. Very quiet.
Today, the site - at Route 50 and George Mason Drive - is occupied by the State Department training center and the National Guard.
This photo of Engine 66's wagon is from the collection of Arlington Fire Capt. Randy Higgins.
The rig - a 1980 Hahn/Firetec 1000/500/30 - was transferred to the Fort Belvoir Fire Department in Fairfax County, according to Higgins.